Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Red Zone


Or "The Zone" as I've affectionately come to call it represents that special time of the month where I actually don't feel all that special, or comfortable, or attractive, etc - you see where I'm going with this...

This afternoon I attempted to brainstorm a list of reasons why having a period is, in fact, very special so that I could make myself and all women in the world reading this blog feel empowered. Well, I couldn't come up with anything! But today during lunch I went to Macy's and I bought a fabulous blush and a new pressed powder from the MAC counter which made me ecstatic! Perhaps these few days a month are God's way of reminding women to pamper ourselves and to embrace our femininity.

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

octoberwildchild said...

oh i love it, shakes.
remember to take care of the woman you are. in all your grace and all your reproductive strength.

i am always happy to see my period, mainly because i know for sure that i'm not pregnant. HA

Scrilla said...

Shopping IS considered a form of therapy - so whatever excuse you need, take it!

And I guess the one plus side of that 'special' time is knowing (or assuming) you aren't with child at a time when you don't want to be - right?

SCORPIOLOGIST said...

Yes I certainly agree. That is exactly what God intended. Because it definitely ain't what people been telling us for years. And ASSUMING you aren't with child is right. So next month when that time comes, I'm heading straight to the mall saying to myself "this is all part of God's plan for me".
LOL!!