Thursday, November 8, 2007

Phenomenal Woman

I attended the Pennsylvania Governor’s Conference for Women today. To describe the event in one word...FABULOUS! There were over 5,000 women in attendance from all walks of life, various shapes, sizes, colors, ages, and backgrounds with one very important thing in common... we are women looking to do more with our lives, careers, families, and communities.

Through the many speakers, many internationally known authors, businesswomen, comedians, etc., I learned a great deal about myself. The biggest take-away for me today was don’t be afraid to follow your dreams. I know that sounds so cliché but it is critical to happiness and balance. I am very settled into my comfort zone and I often become frightened when I think about exploring other career paths or any life changing decision for that matter. One speaker said "Whichever dream makes you sick to your stomach when you think about it...do that one first." You don't fear the things you don't want to do. It's only those dreams that scare us the most that we truly want to be realized.

So from now until my last day I will set out to accomplish the following (in no particular order). With prayer and your support, I plan to achieve every one of my dreams...thank you!

-Stop taking "No" for an answer. Ask again, and again, and again...till I get the results I want.
-Finish my MBA but continue lifelong learning.
-Take painting and art classes to develop technique
-Become a Big Sister / mentor
-Take a culinary course
-Start a business or partnership
-Fall in love, get married, and have a beautiful family
-Run for public office
-Write a book

3 comments:

Scrilla said...

See - this blog alone was inspriational so I can just imagine how the conference was. It's always good to be surrounded by strong, powerful, successful women. I am confident you will acheive ALL of your goals and dreams, and more! Let's keep each other motivated!

octoberwildchild said...

i will absolutely do anything i can to help you achieve them all.
and i'd love to take a culinary class with you once school is done.

Unforgettable Moments said...

Wow, what you said chimes into our convo from the night about your dreams you are afraid of. hahahah That is great. It helped me with more of my decison. Im glad you got to experience that. YOu will be great and do great things.