Wednesday, June 25, 2008

An Insomniac's Dream


friends, cats, to-do lists, sex, noises from outside, Zora Neale Hurston, deadlines, relationships, MONEY, redecorating, family, allergies, love, exercise, sadness, and doubt all webbed together in disarray stealing my mind away from a peaceful night's rest. As I shift over to lay on my back, I realize I am awake and this isn't a dream. My eye lids separate slowly in the dark and turn towards the alarm clock to read a glowing 12:06. ARGHHH it's after midnight...again!! I've been laying here for over an hour. Why is it so hard for me to fall asleep? Well, except for those nights I have a little wine with dinner or a Benadryl. The deep breathing technique isn't working tonight so I get up, light a few candles, and write. Writing nonsense basically just hoping this pen will laugh, scream, and cry out all the emotions and thoughts spinning out of control inside my head.

3 comments:

Unforgettable Moments said...

my goal in class was to tell myself one step at a time and pray.
I share it with you to do also.
Im always up late, you can call me

Scrilla said...

That's frustrating. I hope that whatever it is that is keeping you up gets better soon. A girl needs her beauty sleep!

octoberwildchild said...

masterbate

that always works!