Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Glow


This song by Kelis featuring Raphael Saadiq is playing right now on my Pandora Radio. With approximately 10 unfinished blogs currently in draft mode I haven't been able to find the motivation, or inspiration rather, to complete and publish a single thought. Until now... Chanting the hook which goes "They'll just watch us glow" has me sitting here thinking. I love her lyrics to this song! Especially considering that last night he said I was glowing. The glow could have been from my Neutrogena Soy Radiance daily moisturizer finally starting to work after 6 months when the box clearly stated results in only 2 weeks. Or possibly the glow was a combination of the moonlight shadowing my glimmering MAC dressed eyes but it was cloudy and we were indoors. So realistically the glow was our connection shining through me. Kelis said it best "Boy you stole my heart so quickly." This is insane! Sometimes we get caught up and no common sense or reality can tell your heart otherwise. Damn I hate not being in the driver's seat at all times. Internal conflicts are the worst battles to have to deal with especially when your heart hasn't won a game yet...

2 comments:

octoberwildchild said...

i don't think the game is to be won... just played and played forever...

tigerlily said...

very good point