Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First blog of 2008



Happy New Years! My apologies for it taking so long. Blame it on Verizon.. I’ve been without Internet and cable service for 3 weeks. But having Fios and their free promotional LCD flat screen television is well worth the wait in my opinion. So now I fill my evenings with knitting, DVD movie rentals, listening to old CDs, and reading. I feel so out of touch with reality… no weather updates, no Today show, no Style network, no 106 & Park!! ARGHH!!
So what’s new? I’ve settled into the condo. I absolutely love it. My father and friends helped me paint and I’m starting to add the finishing decorative touches around the place. It’s fabulous in a sort of one-bedroom-first-starter-home kind of way. At work, I’ve been promoted to the lead of my department. I’m taking over more of the high level cash forecasting and tracking that I’ve always found more interesting. I know it will be challenging juggling those responsibilities as well as providing overall direction to the team but I’m looking forward to it. This is what I love… taking something that seems nearly impossible then figuring out how it works so that I can control it and make it my own.

3 comments:

octoberwildchild said...

you go girl!!!

Unforgettable Moments said...

Awww shake money, My homey.
Im glad you moved right on up and I love the place its fabulous.

Scrilla said...

I am so proud of you! Big things poppin in '08!