Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Muscle Machine

I'm on my way to becoming a lean, mean, muscle machine hahahaha!! Seriously, this past week I started taking my health more seriously by eating better and working out more often and consistently. I've never had a poor diet but at times I tend to over eat. Eating too much of a good thing is not good. Calories are calories. I won't go back to weighing and measuring my food because that was extreme but I am making a conscious effort to have portion control. And so far so good...after only 6 days I feel great; feeling less stressed and more energetic.

This morning I woke up a little early to get in a quick work out before I had to get ready for work and today has been one of my better days. Mind, body, and soul...I feel fabulous!

I think it helps to have reminders in your daily life to keep you motivated. I want to ensure that this is not a fad but a truly integrated part of my lifestyle. Seeing family members with heart disease and diabetes pushes me to fight the odds that are stacked against me but I also have positive motivators such as my upcoming trip to Miami in July.

Friends, please help be that motivation in my life as well! Let's keep each other healthy so that we can continue to make beautiful memories. Let's pledge to keep each other off the couch!!!

3 comments:

Unforgettable Moments said...

Congrats.
and I dont remember anyone asking about bob after that ONE day. LOL

Scrilla said...

YES WE CAN!!!

octoberwildchild said...

put ur dinner on saucers not plates. thats what i do. and go to bed earlier so u wont snack at night. Go! Go! Go!