Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Skin Deep

Spoiled by attention I'm sitting here contemplating a girl's worst fear... what happens when I'm no longer attractive. I'm not sure what it is but ever since that weird lady touched my face at Chickie & Pete's last week people have been showering me with compliments. I mean compliments are pretty much commonplace but the last week or so it has been noticeable enough for me to ponder this idea today.

This morning as I'm waiting for the elevator I was asked by a coworker my opinion of the Presidential debate last night. In the middle of my well thought out response, he harmlessly but very assertively blurts out, " You're pretty." This right after my S.O. called me his beautiful angel and even before then hearing from random people over the past several days about my "good looks," "great shape," etc...

In no way am I being vain or attempting to show any ounce of conceitedness. I am humble and accept every compliment with grace & gratitude. I pride myself on having beautiful characteristics - being a good genuine person, respecting others, seeing God in all creatures and beings. Is that what people are seeing or is it totally physical. What happens when the external beauty dies?!?

4 comments:

octoberwildchild said...

i think we'll have to make up for it in our personality. like that old lady on dancing with the stars. she seems like a wonderful person to be around.

i take the compliments with a grain of salt to stay grounded.

Unforgettable Moments said...

You will always be pretty, it never fades. Keep your appearance up and energy up.
And can we just say his name please. My god.
LOL

tigerlily said...

hahahahaha

Scrilla said...

Lol - it must be SOMETHING because I swear I have been looking at pictures and thought "Damn - she is SO pretty!" And not just because you're my friend!

But I think the external beauty follows us into our old age - look at Lena Horne and other beautiful older women. And if it doesn't...we always have pictures from the past!!